Monday, May 24, 2010

Brighthouse Cable vs. Dish Network - 07

I had Bright House for about a year and just recently switched to Dish Network and I thought a great review would be both of these T.V. companies. First off i would liked to say I haven't had Dish Network for too long, so I might not be getting everything correct in this review.
Category one will be user interface: I found that Bright House's user interface was explained well when I bought the product and easy to use afterwords. When I bought Dish Network I was only handed the instructions (after a quick remote explanation by the installer), and the interface is really confusing in my opinion.
Second category is standard (not premium package), HD channels: Bright House's standard HD channels were very limited as I only found a few. Dish Network on the other hand has hundreds of standard HD channels and even for most channels a standard and an HD channel.
Third Category will be specifically DVR: Bright House's DVR comes with the ability of being able to record two shows at once and still being able to watch T.V. Dish Network's DVR you need two DVR's hooked up to two TV's to be able to record two shows at the same time. Also, you cannot watch live T.V on the tv recording a show.
Fourth Category will be picture and sound quality: When watching both Bright House and Dish Network I did not really see a difference between the two, and even when it rained really hard I was still receiving perfect picture and sound, so this category is a tie.
Fifth and category will be movies on demand: Bright House's movie on demand was definitely my favorite out of the two, you were able to choose any movie they offered at any time for about $3.99 for standard and $4.99 for HD. On the other hand Dish Network either requires you to have your box plugged into the wall to order movies off of the box or order from online or phone call if you are not plugged in.. Also Dish Network's movies are a dollar more for standard and a dollar more for HD. (correct me if I am wrong).
Sixth and last category is pricing: I have to give this category to Dish Network because with Bright House I was spending close to $80 a month (with movies and sports package), but with Dish Network I am only spending $55-$65 (also including sports and movies).
So overall I have to give this T.V. battle to Bright House with a close score of 4 (Bright House) to 3 (Dish Network). But don't just take my word for these T.V. companies and check them out yourself if you are looking to buy a new one or looking to switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search